What to do if you have been injured as a result of an accident at a Theme Park, Amusement Park or Fairground.
Accidents in Theme Parks,Amusement Parks and Fairgrounds unfortunately happen, and if you have been injured as a result of an accident in a theme park or amusement park or fairground, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries.
Safety at a Theme Park, Amusement Park or Fairground
- Follow Park Rules
- Keep your eyes on your children
- Be careful around water
- Take a 10 to 15 minute break between extreme rides
- Hydrate yourself regularly and be sure not to go on an extreme ride too soon after eating.
- Obey the ride guidelines in relation to height and age restrictions
- Ensure all harnesses and straps are fitted correctly, especially if you have small children with you
- Be aware of signs of injury, such as dizziness, vomiting, disorientation, etc. and seek immediate medical assistance
- Note all Emergency Exits at the Theme Park or Amusement Park.
Theme Park Accidents
Action Park, New Jersey, USA
This park was open for eighteen years from 1978 to 1996.
Six people died as a result of accidents in the amusement park, including death by drowning, heart attacks and electrocution.
After cars on the roller coaster ‘Tsunami’ derailed, ten people were taken to hospital with injuries.
A girl had to have her legs amputated after two carriages on the ‘Smiler’ rider collided.
Two deaths have been associated with this theme park, both involving the roller coaster.
A Haunted Castle caught fire in May 1984, and eight people died in the fire, which was believed to be arson.
In 2010 one of the cars broke away from the main structure and lost power. It fell almost 40 feet to the ground resulting in six people losing their lives, ten critically injured and more than a dozen taken to hospital unconscious.
In 1991 three people were killed in two separate accidents at the park, two by electrocution in a pond and one woman fell from a ride called ‘Flight Commander’.
The Irish Independent – Ten of the worst amusement park accidents
The Irish Times – Girl injured in rollercoaster accident has leg amputated