Accident and Emergency Department Negligence
Accident and Emergency department negligence occurs when a health care practitioner at an emergency department incorrectly diagnoses or treats a patient, resulting in further damage.
How can we help?
To discuss your case in detail, contact us today or request a callback from our experienced team.
Free Phone: 1800 844 104
Have you been affected as a result of medical negligence?
- Our team of medical negligence solicitors has over 30 years of collective experience handling cases for those who have suffered as a result of medical misdiagnosis or medical negligence.
AvMA, a nonprofit dedicated to patient safety and justice, has given Coleman Legal its seal of approval. On their website, they provide helpful advice on how to choose a specialised solicitor for your medical negligence claim, which may assist you in making your decision.
Our Client Testimonials
We're extremely proud of what we've accomplished and what our customers have to say about us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Examples of accident and emergency department negligence
These can arise in situations where an Accident and Emergency patient is admitted to A&E, and there are:
- failure to treat a patient properly, and failure to diagnose the problem;
- failure to recognize the patient’s illness or injury, and failure to refer to a senior or specialist doctor;
- failure to check a patient’s medical history properly;
- failure to carry out basic investigations and
- wrongful or premature discharge from hospital.
The time limits in medical negligence claims can be extremely prohibitive, and your legal claim must be commenced within two years from when the incident occurred or when you first became aware or had knowledge, that you have suffered an injury.
It is very advisable to get the advice that you need as soon as you become aware of a medical difficulty or injury as a result of medical or surgical treatment or a medical or surgical procedure.
Medical Negligence Process
How do I make a medical negligence claim?
Consult our medical negligence solicitors
We obtain your medical records
After the consultation with your medical negligence solicitor, he/she will request access to your medical records and engage an independent medical expert to assess your records. The purpose of engaging an independent expert is to establish whether there was any negligence on the part of the medical professional.
Medical negligence litigation process
Where the independent medical expert is of the professional opinion that medical negligence did occur, upon your instructions, your solicitor will commence the process of issuing legal proceedings in Court against the medical professional and/or hospital.
Have you experienced medical negligence in Ireland?
- Have you had a surgical procedure that did not turn out as it should?
- Have you been left in pain or do you continue to suffer from physical discomfort or physical scarring?
- Have you been misdiagnosed or had a delayed diagnosis of cancer or another serious illness which has affected your health?
Any injury suffered during a medical procedure whether it is physical or psychological may have long-term effects on the victim and their families. Our medical negligence solicitors has assisted many clients in recovering maximum damages and we believe in putting the needs of our clients first.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with RE.8 of SI 518 of 2002.