Cervical Cancer Misdiagnosis Claims
If you or your family have experienced sub-standard medical care and suffered negative consequences as a result, our expert medical negligence solicitor team can help you pursue a claim for compensation.
What is Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix (the neck of the womb) and generally manifests from the Human Papillomavirus (HPV), though not all HPV infections lead to cancer.
Typically, it takes 10 to 15 years for the normal cells to become abnormal cancer cells. If detected early, cervical cancer is treatable. Cervical cancer at its late stage can have more complications hence regular cervical screening to detect cervical cancer at its early stage is advised by the HSE.
If you have been diagnosed with cervical cancer at a late stage and believe that you could have been informed earlier, it can be very distressing for you and your family.
Coleman Legal understands how devastating it can be when knowing or unknowing cancer patients do not receive a proper and timely cervical cancer diagnosis. We are available to offer independent legal advice and assist you with options available to you in this difficult time.
If you have experienced sub-standard medical care, received a late diagnosis or misdiagnosis of cancer, and suffered negative consequences as a result, our compassionate and highly experienced Cervical Cancer Misdiagnosis claims solicitor team can help you pursue a claim for compensation.
For more information on Cervical Cancer, please see:
Have you been affected as a result of medical negligence?
- Our team of medical negligence solicitors has over 30 years of collective experience handling cases for those who have suffered as a result of medical misdiagnosis or medical negligence.
- We are accredited as medical negligence specialists by Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and the Law Society of Ireland.
- AvMA, a nonprofit dedicated to patient safety and justice, has given Coleman Legal its seal of approval. On their website, they provide helpful advice on how to choose a specialised solicitor for your medical negligence claim, which may assist you in making your decision.
How do I make a medical negligence claim?
Consult our medical negligence solicitor
It is advisable for you to speak to an experienced team of Medical Negligence Solicitors as soon as possible if you believe that you were not provided with an adequate or appropriate level of medical care, which resulted in you sustaining an injury or illness.
We obtain your medical records
After the consultation with your medical negligence solicitor, he/she will request access to your medical records and engage an independent medical expert to assess your records. The purpose of engaging an independent expert is to establish whether there was any negligence on the part of the medical professional.
The medical negligence litigation process
Where the independent medical expert is of the professional opinion that medical negligence did occur, upon your instructions, your solicitor will commence the process of issuing legal proceedings in Court against the medical professional and/or hospital.
Time Limits for a Medical Negligence Claim
The legal time limit to make a medical negligence claim is two years from the date of injury or date of knowledge that the injury or illness resulted from medical negligence. For children/minors, the time limit expires two years after their 18th birthday.
You may contact a solicitor to discuss your case to advise of the Statute of Limitations applicable to your case.
Contact a medical negligence solicitor
- Have you had a surgical procedure that did not turn out as it should?
- Have you been left in pain, or do you continue to suffer from physical discomfort or physical scarring?
- Have you been misdiagnosed or had a delayed diagnosis of cancer or another serious illness affecting your health?
Any injury suffered during a medical procedure, whether it is physical or psychological, may have long-term effects on the victim and their families. Our medical negligence solicitors have assisted many clients in recovering maximum damages, and we believe in putting the needs of our clients first.
Coleman Legal LLP
84 Talbot Street, Dublin 1
Request a Callback
Tell us about your case
Head of Client Services