SURGICAL ERRORS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
Surgical errors can occur in many different ways. At Coleman Legal Partners, we have many years’ experience in assisting our clients obtain the best possible results in their cases in relation to surgical errors.
The following list is not exhaustive, and your specific case may not be listed below. We are here to listen and give you sound, qualified advice on your case, and our team of medical negligence solicitors understand that each person’s experience is different, and to be treated with empathy and care throughout the entire legal process.
Many of our clients who have suffered surgical errors experience months and sometimes years of physical and/or psychological discomfort or pain, and are left, in some cases, with severe scarring and/or disfigurement due to medical malpractice.
STAGES WHERE SURGICAL ERRORS CAN OCCUR:
- Intraoperative Care
- Wrong Site Surgery (where the incorrect item is removed or operated on)
- Wrong Side Surgery (where the opposite organ is removed in error)
- Foreign Objects left in during Surgery
- Preoperative Care (Marking Surgery Site, Anesthesia errors, etc.)
- Postoperative Care
- Multiple Phases of Care
- Multiple Clinicians
- Delay in Diagnosis
- Lack of Technical Competence
- Communication Breakdown
RESULTS OF SURGICAL ERRORS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE:
- Psychological Issues
- Psychical limitations to movement
- Loss of Earnings
- Continuing Side Effects
- Additional Surgical Procedures to correct errors
- Significant or Major Injury
- Death (in severe cases)
To discuss your case in confidence, please telephone 01-5313800 or email Keith Rolls for further information.
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with RE.8 of SI 518 of 2002.