Hospital Negligence Claim
If you or your family have experienced sub-standard medical care and suffered negative consequences as a result, our expert medical negligence solicitor team can help you pursue a claim for compensation.
Tell us About your Case
What is Hospital Negligence Claim?
Hospital negligence refers to a situation where a patient sustains a personal injury due to an error that occurred in a hospital. The hospital has a duty of care to the patient to provide the highest possible standard of treatment, ensure that all surgeries and assessments are carried out in a careful, safe and appropriate manner and where a diagnosis is involved, it should be accurate and correct. Hospital Negligence may occur in the Emergency Department (A&E), in the emergency room, or at a specialist appointment referred by a doctor, or during treatment in the hospital.
We understand that enduring a situation where hospital negligence has occurred can be deeply distressing for the patient as the patient may not know where to go to seek redress, or in a more serious case, where the damage done is irreversible.
Common types of Hospital Negligence
Hospital Negligence occurs when a member of the hospital staff, medical professionals and practitioners makes an incorrect decision or fails to diagnose an illness and fails to treat it in a timely manner. These are the common types of Hospital Negligence that can typically occur.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of Hospital Negligence where hospital staff, medical professionals and practitioners:
- Failed to administer and or carry out treatment in a timely manner;
- Administered incorrect treatment;
- Made an error during a surgical procedure;
- Carried out radical treatment that could be avoided where a more conservative treatment path was available;
- Failed to monitor fluid levels of the patient;
- Allowed the patient to suffer hospital-acquired infections, pressure sores or other such injuries due to an unhygienic hospital environment or substandard system of patient care;
- Failed to obtain informed consent from the patient prior to carrying out a surgery;
- Failed to clearly communicate and explain the known risks of a surgical procedure to the patient;
- Provided substandard care around child birth to either mother or child or both;
- Failed to refer a patient to another specialist where it was necessary to do so;
- Failed to prescribe and administer correct medication;
- Inadequate follow-up care
If you have questions surrounding an incident that you have experienced that you believe may be a form of Hospital Negligence, please contact our Medical Negligence Team to find out more.
Causes of Hospital Negligence
There can be several reasons as to why Hospital Negligence can occur. Some common causes may be:
- Junior staff members and medical professionals/practitioners who may be less experienced;
- The high level of stress that medical staff members are under in the hospital environment;
- The lack of hospital resources to allow the medical staff members to do their job properly, safely and up to the highest standard of quality for the patient.
How do I pay for a Hospital Negligence Claims?
Coleman Legal understands that it can be a distressing and daunting experience for anyone that has been affected by hospital negligence. Therefore, it is advisable to contact a solicitor for clear and independent legal advice. Coleman Legal operates on a “client friendly fee-basis” which means if you do not win your case, you will not pay us any legal fees. By contacting our Medical Negligence Team, you will be able to discuss your experience and any questions surrounding Hospital Negligence with an experienced solicitor. After discussing your incident with you, your solicitor can let you know whether you have potential legal action.
Coleman Legal understands the importance of ensuring that our clients understand the entire fee process and will inform you clearly on the likely costs after examining the case, empowering you to make the best decision for yourself.
How We Can Help ?
Pursuing a medical negligence claim in Ireland can be daunting, especially if you are still recovering. Our experienced team of medical negligence solicitors in Dublin and nationwide are on hand to give advice, and advise you of all legal remedies available to you at this stressful time. Our aim is to help you through the trauma of your experience with empathy and understanding, and to ease as much of the stress associated with medical negligence claims as possible.
If you have sustained an injury or contracted an illness due to a situation involving medical negligence and have questions surrounding an incident, please contact our Medical Negligence Solicitors today at Coleman Legal.
Coleman Legal can help you find out if you are eligible for a compensation. We understand your individual position and we will work with you to make the best decision in your particular circumstance.
(Medical Negligence Team)
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with RE.8 of SI 518 of 2002.
84 Talbot Street, Dublin 1
Free Phone: (1800) 844 104