Car Accident Claim Solicitors

If you have been involved in a car accident, Coleman Legal can assist you in pursuing a claim for any injuries you may have suffered. If an accident was not your fault you may be entitled to compensation.

How can we help?

To discuss your case in detail, contact us today or request a callback from our experienced team.

Free Phone: 1800 844 104
Email: [email protected]

Have you been involved in a Car Accident?

We understand that experiencing an accident at work, in public, or while driving can be traumatic. Not only can they result in significant, life-altering injuries, but they can also have an adverse effect on your capacity to return to work, be detrimental to your finances, and affect your mental health and wellness.

Am I entitled to a claim?

If you have been involved in a major road traffic accident as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, and If the cause of the road traffic accident was not your fault, you may be eligible to seek legal remedy and claim any personal injuries and psychological injuries sustained, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.

The claim will also consider the potential long-term negative effects that the accident can have on the victim’s quality of life and any additional expenses incurred as a result of the accident, such as fees for medical treatment and loss of earnings as a result of the accident. Speak with one of our experienced car accident claim solicitors, call (Free Phone) 1800 844 104 or complete our online enquiry form.

Our Client Testimonials

We're extremely proud of what we've accomplished and what our customers have to say about us.

Request a Callback

The Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply to this site.

Car Accident Claim Types

Common Car Accident Claims

Our team of experienced car accident claim Solicitors at Coleman Legal continuously educates themselves on all aspects of personal injury claims.

Common Car Accident Claims
  • Rear-end Collision Claims
  • Hit and Run Claims
  • Roundabout Accident Claims
  • Passenger Injury Claims
  • Uninsured Driver Claims
  • Side Impact Collision Claims
  • Minor Impact Road Traffic Accident Claims
  • Head On Collision Claims
  • Fatal Road Accident Claims
Common Injuries Claims
  • Spinal Injury
  • Head Injury
  • Whiplash Injury
  • Back and Neck Injury
  • Shoulder Injury
  • Soft Tissue Injury
  • Delayed Accident Symptoms Claims

Car Accident Claim

What you should do if you are involved in an accident

Seek medical attention

First, ensure everyone receives immediate medical attention if necessary. Even if you have only suffered a minor injury, we recommend you present yourself at the nearest A&E or meet with your GP. Even if you feel okay immediately after the incident, a minor injury may become more serious.

Collect any information which may be relevant to the accident and any future claim

Such information could include:

  • Details of everyone involved in the accident, particularly any drivers, including name, address, contact information, vehicle registration number and insurance information
  • Contact details of any emergency service workers who attend the incident
  • Photographs of the scene from different angles
  • Any CCTV footage of the accident
  • Dash cam footage
  • The date, time, and weather conditions at the time of the accident
  • Receipts of any expenses you have incurred due to the accident
  • Copies of Garda reports or any medical reports, these are very important for any future claim

Contact the Gardaí

It is essential that you report any accident to the Gardaí, no matter how minor. If it is minor and the Gardaí does not attend the scene, you must visit your local station and request they record the details of the incident and take a statement for you.

Contact your insurance provider

If you are driving a vehicle involved in a car accident, you should notify your insurance company.

Contact a car accident claim solicitor

It is advisable that you reach out to a solicitor as soon as possible after the accident if you are considering making a claim. A solicitor can guide you through the claims process and help you to avoid unnecessary delay.

To speak with one of our team of experienced car accident claim solicitors, call (Free Phone) 1800 844 104 or complete our online enquiry form.

Car Accident Claim Process in Ireland

How do I make a car accident claim in Ireland?

Most claims do not start in court. In general, they are legally required to begin with the Personal Injuries Assessment Board with exceptions including medical negligence, some assaults, and some cases of entirely psychological injury.

People who apply to the Injuries Board often do so with the help of a solicitor. This helps to make the process as smooth as possible.

Our personal injury claim solicitors at Coleman Legal can assist you in filing an application for compensation by;

  • Prepare information & documents: Gathering important documents for the application,
  • Solicitor obtains evidence & medical report: Once your Solicitor meets with you in the initial consultation, he/she will ask for your hospital or doctor’s details so he/she can obtain a report on your injuries. Your medical report is one of the most important documents in your catastrophic injury claim. If you are required to visit the doctor several times, your solicitor may obtain more than one medical report as your case progresses.
  • Solicitor submits the Injuries Board application: After gathering all the relevant documents of the injury and medical reports, your Solicitor will then submit your claim application to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board for assessment.
  • Consideration of the amount of compensation suggested by the Injuries Board: Once the Personal Injuries Board assesses your claim, your Solicitor will let you know the financial Assessment sum awarded to you. You will then have the choice to accept or reject the Injuries Board assessment. Your Solicitor will advise you in relation to the Award amount.

Your Solicitor will advise you throughout the entire process, ensuring your best interests are met, and that you get the best settlement or Court Award possible that is fair in the entirety of the circumstances. To speak with one of our team of experienced car accident claim solicitors, call (Free Phone) 1800 844 104 or complete our online enquiry form.

Car Accident Claim Compensation

Compensation amount for Car Accident Claims

The compensation you may be entitled to as a result of the accident may be grouped into three headings.

General Damages

To compensate for non-financial losses such as injuries and the pain and suffering caused by the accident.

Special Damages

These damages cover the expenses you accrued due to the accident, for example, loss of earnings, the cost of travel to hospital appointments and treatment bills.

Material Damages

This covers damage to your personal property, for example, the damage to your vehicle due to the accident.

To speak with one of our team member in relation to your claim, call (Free Phone) 1800 844 104 or complete our online enquiry form.

The Injury Assessment Board

The Personal Injuries Assessment Board

Often referred to as PIAB (or the Injuries Board), the board was set up in 2004 by the Government to specifically deal with personal injury claims for compensation from anyone who has been in an accident and suffered an injury.

  • The effect of PIAB has meant that a person cannot issue proceedings until they have first made a valid application to the Injuries Board.
  • That application is then registered with and assessed by PIAB.
  • You are not allowed to bring a personal injury claim before the Courts unless you have an authorisation from PIAB to do so.

An authorisation from PIAB to proceed through the Courts will issue if

  • The Respondent refuses to engage with PIAB;
  • If PIAB refuses to proceed to an assessment or;
  • If the applicant (the injured party) refuses to accept

If you have received an assessment from PIAB and are happy with the sum and the Respondent accepts that assessment or takes no subsequent action, you are entitled to receive that sum, and you do not have to go to Court. This saves claimants both time and money.

If the Respondent refuses to acknowledge PIAB or participate in the Injuries Board assessment, or you are not happy with the amount proposed by the Board, you are entitled to proceed through the Courts.

Frequently Asked Questions

Car Accident Claim Time Limit or Statute of Limitation

With all Personal Injury claims, one of the most important factors to be aware of is time or the statute of limitation and this cannot be understated.

You have two years from the date of the accident within which to issue proceedings. If you are under 18, a separate set of rules apply, and we would recommend you contact our solicitors to discuss these.

To learn more about the statute of limitation for a personal injury claim click on the link below.

News & Updates

Choosing a solicitor for a car accident claim

If you have been involved in an accident or suffered an injury at the hands of another person, we would advise all persons to contact our injury claim solicitors at the earliest available opportunity.

If you want to take legal action over a personal injury, you should consult our injury solicitors, who are members of the Law Society’s injury accreditation scheme and clinical negligence accreditation scheme. Contacted us at:

Coleman Legal LLP
84 Talbot Street, Dublin 1
D01 YX60
DX 112002

Contact Details:
Free Phone: (1800)844104
Fax: (01) 5312727
Email: [email protected]
Online Enquiry Form: Apply

*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement. This statement is made in compliance with RE.8 of SI 518 of 2002.