Medical Negligence Solicitors Nationwide
If you or a member of your family has received substandard medical treatment and suffered severe repercussions as a result, our team of medical negligence solicitors have over 30 years of experience and can assist you in filing a claim for compensation.
What is medical negligence or medical misdiagnosis?
Medical negligence or medical misdiagnosis or clinical negligence refers to a situation where a patient sustains a personal injury or illness due to an error made by a medical practitioner / professional. The medical practitioner or professional has a duty of care to the patient.
They must ensure that all surgeries and assessments are carried out carefully, safely, and appropriately. Where a diagnosis is involved, it should be accurate and correct.
Have you been affected as a result of medical negligence?
- Our team of medical negligence solicitors has over 30 years of collective experience handling cases for those who have suffered as a result of medical misdiagnosis or medical negligence.
- We are accredited as medical negligence specialists by Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA) and the Law Society of Ireland.
- AvMA, a nonprofit dedicated to patient safety and justice, has given Coleman Legal its seal of approval. On their website, they provide helpful advice on how to choose a specialised solicitor for your medical negligence claim, which may assist you in making your decision.
Medical negligence claim practice areas
Our medical negligence solicitors at Coleman Legal continuously educate themselves on all aspects of medical negligence.
- Birth Injury Claim
- Cerebral Palsy Claim
- Brachial Plexus & Erb’s Palsy Claim
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia Claim
- Obstetric/ Gynaecological Claim
- Vaginal Perineal Tears Claim
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome Claim
Cosmetic surgery errors
Primary care negligence
- Accidents & Emergency Department
- GP Negligence Claim
- Hospital Negligence Claim
- Private Hospital Negligence Claim
- Dental Negligence Claim
Other medical negligence
How do I make a medical negligence claim?
Consult our medical negligence solicitor
It is advisable for you to speak to an experienced team of Medical Negligence Solicitors as soon as possible if you believe that you were not provided with an adequate or appropriate level of medical care, which resulted in you sustaining an injury or illness.
We obtain your medical records
After the consultation with your medical negligence solicitor, he/she will request access to your medical records and engage an independent medical expert to assess your records. The purpose of engaging an independent expert is to establish whether there was any negligence on the part of the medical professional.
The medical negligence litigation process
Where the independent medical expert is of the professional opinion that medical negligence did occur, upon your instructions, your solicitor will commence the process of issuing legal proceedings in Court against the medical professional and/or hospital.
Time Limits for a Medical Negligence Claim
The legal time limit to make a medical negligence claim is two years from the date of injury or date of knowledge that the injury or illness resulted from medical negligence. For children/minors, the time limit expires two years after their 18th birthday.
You may contact a solicitor to discuss your case to advise of the Statute of Limitations applicable to your case.
Contact a medical negligence solicitor
- Have you had a surgical procedure that did not turn out as it should?
- Have you been left in pain, or do you continue to suffer from physical discomfort or physical scarring?
- Have you been misdiagnosed or had a delayed diagnosis of cancer or another serious illness affecting your health?
Any injury suffered during a medical procedure, whether it is physical or psychological, may have long-term effects on the victim and their families. Our medical negligence solicitors have assisted many clients in recovering maximum damages, and we believe in putting the needs of our clients first.
Coleman Legal LLP
84 Talbot Street, Dublin 1
Request a Callback
Tell us about your case
Head of Client Services